Dear Younger Self




Dear Younger Self, 

I know you have some big dreams, like being a famous singer or a star on Broadway. I wish I could have told you that you'll be happy without those aspirations, and you'll find ways to enjoy singing and acting on the stage. 

There's always been a passion behind the scenes, you've always had a love of the imaginative world of writing. I wish I could have told you to pursue that place, but in the end it all still turned out perfectly. God directed your steps to where you turned out today. Later you chose a "smart" scholastic goal to join the business world and to leave writing as a hobby, but still you ended up somewhere that involved writing, because God wants you there. 

I'm really glad that you trusted God. You're really blessed to have such a close relationship with Him and to basically know your life's calling at such a young age. For many people, they don't figure it out until much later, but God has kind of given you a boost to prepare yourself and to fall in love with that dream He has given you, so that you faithfully stick to it and never let go of Him. 

Don't doubt the gifts that God has given you. Please, don't. You're young, you're just starting out, it'll grow over time. Later, you'll see how God can write through you, and how you can boldly give Him the glory. Don't be afraid to do so. 

I wish I could have hugged you. When times hit you hard, I wish I could have told you that you won't be sad about it later. You may often be the person that people forget the name of, but it'll be okay. Your name will most often not be spelled correctly, but the way you spell it is the prettiest version there is. 

I'm so glad you have had such a big heart to help other people since you were really young. You always loved volunteering and helping others. That won't disappear. If you could, you'd volunteer full-time for the rest of your life just to help others. It's sweet, really. 

You're going to find a church and love it there. You'll find friends, a church family, and you'll really feel like you belong. You're going to get involved in multiple ways and enjoy every second of it. You'll enjoy church more than you ever had before (and you really liked Sunday School, I remember). That church is going to mean a lot to you. Don't let go of it. 

Never stop writing. Even when it sounds cheesy or cliché, don't stop. You will grow and you will reach different levels that you thought were impossible before. God's got you, and He will guide you. 

Also, Jesus is going to become your best friend. You can always talk to Him and always depend on Him. Your words don't need to sound perfect and pretty nor do you have to try to have it make sense to God and explain yourself. He already knows. When you sigh, cry, whatever the case may be, He knows. He's got you. 

Now, regarding even my future, God promised that you'll get married and that you'll be a mom. Don't worry about it. A phrase you create later on is "If something is worth waiting for, then it is definitely worth praying for." Hold onto this. You've waited for a lot of things, being anxious about the results, don't forget to pray. And a verse you'll later learn to love is Matthew 6:27: "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" 

There's a whole lot more I could say, but I just wish I could have told you these things. I'm happy you're you. Thanks for loving Jesus. 

~ ~ ~ 

I wanted to write this because I think we all feel like we wish we could have told our younger selves things. In five or ten years, I'll be wishing I could have told myself things today, for sure. I think it's good to reflect on the past sometimes. I was happy, and when I think of childhood, I think of how happy I was. Looking back on life, you can see how God has worked things out for His good and how His plan... His plan is so amazing. I thought nothing could be bigger or better than taking a bow eight times a week on a Broadway stage, but His plan for me is a whole lot better than that and I'm very happy with how His plan is unfolding. 

Each moment is gradually becoming a part of your past, and try to make each one count. Don't waste them. You can simply use them for good by building your relationship with God, talking to Him, etc. God wants the best for you, just trust Him. 

~The Inspired One 

Comments

Popular Posts