When the Sun Is Shining, I Can Relate.



Life is good right now.

Happiness isn't only a feeling, it's an experience, and experiences can change a life—permanently or temporarily. It's easier to let go of the things that try to weigh you down—you just brush it off because you're happier and you don't need it in your life. It's easier. I'm an optimist so I try to find the good in things, and those good things tend to not get recognized or acknowledged when life is harder. They get lost in the pile of upside down thinking. 

When the sun is shining, I can relate. You feel like the sun. You can't help but be happy and hope you can brighten someone's day at least just a little bit, make them forget about everything else and just be happy, even if it's just for a moment. Happiness is the best feeling in the world. Nothing can beat it. Joy, love, friendship, achievements and so many other things can contribute to feeling happy. 

Sometimes when it feels like all is right in the world you wonder what's wrong. When you have little kids and it's quiet, you feel the urge to check on them. Sometimes it seems odd that these high points can last as long as they do. When is the fall coming? I'm not ready to be dropped, but I've been through it before and I know I can get through it, but I don't want to do it all again. You can't be happy all the time. Brokenness and not shining as bright can be a good thing, but too much of it makes it harder to grasp the happiness once again. 

Taking time for yourself and not letting the outside world barge in is something that's so important, especially for myself. I love to go on walks and when I do that I almost automatically feel so much better, whether it be by myself, with a friend, or with my dog. That's when being happy is actually quite easy. Even the sun goes away and the moon comes up during our cycle of time, and the sources of light, being the moon and stars, are much smaller and less bright. 

It makes me wonder what the real differences are between the two opposite worlds. What makes someone be drowned in that darkness and sometimes almost start to suffocate from it? What makes someone fly on cloud nine and be close to the sun? What creates that switch? It could be an overwhelming amount of one thing or another, or even a lack of. Whatever the case may be, why isn't it easier to avoid this seemingly-inevitable fall? No one likes it, no one wants it, so why do we accept it? 

Honestly, I don't really know. We, as humans, go through these cycles of ups and downs. While both can be important, I think we can all agree that we prefer to be happy. 

And, right now, I'm happy. 

In my world, the sun is shining and I don't think nighttime will make a return anytime soon. Even when life is hard, you should embrace those moments of sunshine. God can turn anything into good, even if your world hasn't really been lit for years. 

Personally, I feel so much more like myself when I'm in this state. I don't let other things have an impact on me and I feel like I just generally do better in life. God and I are closer in these times too. 

Now, I am someone who does feel better on a literal sunny day. When it's cloudy and gloomy it does do something to my mood, partially. So, I'm sure that the actual sun is a factor in this, but the sun is rarely what makes me smile on a day-to-day basis (with an exception to gorgeous sunrises and sunsets—those create a moment of awe almost every day I notice them). 

I mean, God wants the best for us. Of course, He does. Wouldn't you want the best for your child or your own creation? Wouldn't you want a novel you wrote to do well or an invention of yours to succeed? Of course. 

For now, I will enjoy the good and embrace it like hugging someone after a long trip and never wanting to let go. And someday when it does get more difficult, I'll try harder to see the stars in the night sky of my world.

Comments

Popular Posts