Infinity Love



Today is special to me. It is an anniversary date of a turning point in my faith. Today, in 2016, I fell in love with God. It's one thing to love God in return of his love for us, but it's another to be in love with God. 

I read a verse today that made me stop and think again about God's love; "and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19, ESV). Stop... Read it again... And think about it. We cannot understand Christ's love for us. At all. It is impossible for us to comprehend. Think about how much God loves us, then multiply that times infinity, then multiply it by 100, and then times infinity again. That's a small portion of how much God loves us. 

I completely forgot that today was this special anniversary date in my life, and I had read these words without even realizing the personal significance of this day for me. Funny how that works, huh? In those moments of falling for God, I was overwhelmed by his love. Now, I had grown up in a Christian household, but I always thought faith was something on the side or something I'd deal with as an adult, but it's something you should be passionately chasing after your whole life. 

Anyway, today, August 18, is very special. I fell in love with God, but also fell in love with my future husband and kids, and I'm excited to meet all of them someday, including God once I reach my eternal state of life. Just a special day and a reminder of how great God's love is for us, and how we can't help but let that love overflow unto others. 

~ ~ ~ 

I was in a group of people and we were studying this section of Ephesians (it was a written prayer) and I just thought it was interesting how it never dawned on me that today was the day, even though I had thought about it days prior. 

Of course, these thoughts and feelings should exist during every single day of the year, like many other things in Christianity, but it's nice to have special reminders of God's incredible love.
 
~The Inspired One 

Comments

Popular Posts