Racing Hearts

Today I'm going to let you know how my book is doing. I am currently writing the beginning of chapter 6. As I have been writing my book I've discovered that I have a lot of different character's stories to tell. So, what I have decided to do is not to delete them, but to shorten their time spent in my book. These characters were not going to be any big main characters, but I just don't want them to be the main point of a chapter, when I should be focusing on the stories of my main characters. I have about 8 families/groups of main characters, which all have a special role in my story, but I'll need to start focusing more on the two main characters, Brent and Lydia.

I am so happy because recently God has put the title of this book on my heart. I think it will be called Racing Hearts (it has to do with real life and racing, which is exactly what I wanted). I can now tell that my book won't be very short, so since I am only at chapter 6, which starts at page 83, and I still have so much story to tell. At the beginning I was afraid that I'd get too excited and rush the story. But even to my surprise, I didn't. I thought that I'd solve problems too quickly, and I'm not. I had started another book, with a great storyline, but I solved problems way too fast and I felt like I was going in circles. Maybe someday I'll fix that book, but for now I need to tell the story that God is guiding me to write.

I have been told that it would be great if my book reached 300 pages, and at this rate, I think it will. But it's not about the page numbers to me anymore, like it was with my other book, it's about the story. Yes, most books have way more chapters than I do, but that's because it's my story. No, I don't know perfect grammar. No, I don't know all of the proper etiquette for writing a book. But over these next few years I am going to learn. I will write my first draft, rewrite things, study proper editing for books, and edit as much as possible that I can myself. Then at some point in my life, I'll send my book to an editor, hopefully a publisher (and the rest of the great team that will make it all work), and hopefully get it published.

It would make things a lot easier if I knew if my book would be successful enough to create a second one. Then I wouldn't have to cram all of this story into one book. But everything happens for a reason. Even if I stay with my same story for this book, there is still plenty that I could write about for a second book, if I ever got the chance to do so. If my book never gets published, I will still let friends and family read it. And I'd still probably write a second book that they could read too. I just love writing.

Over the years, with friends and family, I would post insights that would have an uplifting feeling on my personal Facebook page. And when I started this blog, I knew that I could write as many insights as I wanted, and when people clicked on my blog, it would be because they wanted to read what I had to say, and not just because it showed up in their newsfeed. So, now when I write a blog post (like I am now), I know that I don't feel bad if my post gets long, I feel proud with what I've written and don't care about the numbers of likes I get. I'm just me writing what God wants not only you to hear, but for me to discover while I write.

Anyways, back to my book. ;)

Even though Brent and Lydia are the stars of the book, get this, they haven't even met yet. For a matter of fact, both Brent and Lydia are both in different relationships right now. My plan is for them to fall in love at some point, but I wanted to introduce them the way that they are, not a clean slate that's perfect for new beginnings. But almost like a book that's already been started, and I'm just finishing the story with my book.

The relationships in this book are so hard to keep track of while writing (not while reading-don't worry), that I actually made a list and put each family into groups so that I can keep track of who knows who. And the hard part was finding out which characters know Brent and Lydia, which I call the connection group. Its way easier to look at on my paper than to actually describe in words.

In case you're curious...
Group 1: Brent's group. This group contains the Winters family (His parents: Peter and Shelly, him and his sister, Kayla) It also contains Kayla's family, the Owens family. (Her and her husband, Jack and their kids, Kade and Clairabelle) It also has the Williams family-because of an engagement (Frank and Hazel, and their kids Mark and Kari). Kari is engaged to Matthew Thompson-who knows the Owens family. And Mark is dating Lydia. (So he is a connecting Character-since Lydia is in group 2)

Group 2: Lydias group. This group contains the Rambert family. (Her parents-not yet named, her and her brother and sister-who are also not yet named). This also has Wendy, Lydia's best friend, and her family. (Her parents, her brother Derek, her, and her sister Lisa). Her sister Lisa got married. (Parker, Lisa and she's pregnant with little Michael). Lydia gets to know a little boy named Caleb. (His parents -divorced-Shawn and Madison)

It probably still looks confusing when I type it out, but it is simple.

Maybe someday you'll be able to go to the store and pick up my book. You never know what's going to happen when you have God on your side. I have learned that writing little tidbits about my own life and sprinkling them throughout the book has been fun and not as hard as I thought. If I could learn one skill fluently, it would be writing. I could touch people's hearts all over the world. But for now, God's starting with mine.

I feel like people will be able to relate to the characters. So far there has been quite a bit of happiness (not all of it has been), but that's because I haven't ran into the tough problems yet. Actually there is one. I had mentioned in group two a couple, their names are Parker and Lisa, they are expecting a little boy named Michael. From what they know, he is supposed to die before or right after he is born. I'm not going to tell you if their prayers help him to live or not, but there is a miracle that does happen with that family. It may or may not have something to do with their son, you'll just have to read it to find out. ;)

I'm still not exactly sure how Brent and Lydia are going to meet. I do have one idea, which I will most likely use, but I'll have to keep writing to see what fits best. It's fun writing a book chapter by chapter and having only a vague outline of the story. When I first started, I didn't plan on writing about everything that I have so far. I didn't plan on a lot of things. But when I am writing my outline for a chapter, I don't just rush into it so that I have something, I stare at the paper and wait, I wait and see if God will give me an idea. It took me like a month to finally finish chapter 4, and then chapter 5 was a breeze. Which is why I'm trusting God to lead me on this new adventure.

At this point, I'm not even sure what all is going to happen in chapter 6. All I know is the first two events on my outline for this chapter. That's why I let God guide my steps, He's really the one writing it, He's just using me as a voice for the world.

When people ask me what my book's about, I only explain Brent, Lydia, and Caleb. No one else. Because there is so much that I could say.

Like I have said, Racing Hearts is the title of my book, and I can't wait to share it with the world. This is just the beginning of a brand-new author's writing journey, and I'm happy that you're here to follow the story.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I will give more updates about my book as time goes on. I hope that God doesn't only touch your heart, but that He inspires you daily. He's taking me down the path of writing, and I'm ready to walk it with Him. And He is taking you down your own path, so be ready for whatever He has planned for you. He loves you and cares for you, His timing is different than ours, so we need to trust Him. Keep your Heart Racing with love for Him. God Bless You.

~The Inspired One

Comments

Popular Posts