What It Takes To Follow Your Dreams

You have what it takes to be whatever you want to be. But only if you work hard enough and dedicate enough time and effort. My mother has always said this to me, and it's true. Last year I tried writing a book but I didn't care about it enough, I focused on the page number and the word count, I didn't truly care about my story the way I should have. Maybe once I'm done with The Finish Line Series I'll come back to it and rewrite it.  Now I don't worry about the numbers anymore, but I did recently hit the 40,000 word mark, in case you're wondering where I am.

Children say things like, "When I grow up I want to be an artist." That's wonderful! But they don't realize that they don't have to grow up to start accomplishing their dreams. I mean, dreams like having a family, yes, you do need to grow up for that, but career and hobby type dreams can start coming true at any age, young or old. 

I wanted to be a famous singer when I was younger. I got a guitar, I sang along to my favorite songs, and I even wrote my own. I was set on the path to sucesss, only if I stuck with it. But I was young and was having too much fun just being a kid to be too worried about my future. Even a year ago today I wanted to be on Broadway, and that dream is getting dimmer and dimmer. Yes, I still love acting and singing, but now it's just not a priority anymore.  Now I want to be an author.

I know that I will need to learn how to improve my writing skill, I will need to really buckle down and focus on what God has called me to do. I'd be happy if I got to work from home for the rest of my life as an author. But I know that it most likely won't happen. But if I work hard enough, like I've said, I could do it. I need to master my craft and learn the proper skills to be successful and enjoy the whole writing experience, without having to worry if the word has a dash or not, or if that's the right grammar for that sentence. Because right now, that's how I feel. I don't know enough and I'm jumping into it without knowing how to safely sail the oceans of this journey. This is only the beginning and I'm learning, everyone needs to start somewhere, even the pros started with little knowledge of their skills.

That brings me to my next point: You don't need to make it to the pros to accomplish your dream and be successful. God's perfect plan for you may or may not include fame, and that's why you need to be happy, especially when your skill is successful, even if the world doesn't notice it and you do. People who are only going to be happy if they become famous or rich in their profession, won't ever really be happy, because most people don't get that high of a ranking in this world. Yes, some do and that might be you, but most don't. I'm not saying that you can't keep pushing to become better and better, and even try to become famous and popular, you need to know that what God's plan for you is more than enough.

Don't just celebrate when you win, like getting to the top, celebrate progress.

I'm going to make this one short and thank you for taking your own time out of your day to read this. Whatever the dream is that God has put on your heart, go for it. Shine no matter who's watching. I know that I haven't posted in a month, but I just haven't really had anything to say. I was waitin for the inspiration from Him. God Bless You.

~The Inspired One

Comments

Popular Posts