It's Weird. God Weird.


So, you know how "coincidences" can happen and it's just weird?

Listen, I don't believe in coincidences, but I do believe in God's plan.

What if you turned on the radio and hear the exact song or message you needed to hear? It's not a coincidence, it's God. It may feel like, "Oh, look at that. Funny that this exact thing happened when it did, when I needed it." You know who did that? God did. It's not just weird, it's God weird.

God weird is very, very good, cool, and amazing. It's not just "Ooh... Weird." It's "Wow." Impactful, meaningful, and it comes from Him. It's weird—God weird.

I think you know what I mean...

Anyway, this is kind of a follow up on my "Unexpected Plans" post where I talked about the BookMarkers that my mom had given away to a group of ladies. The leaders, including herself, had started using this phrase whenever one of the ladies thought something was, well, you know, weird. My mom has told me that she would play along with it and over exaggerate going, "Yeah... That's weird..." which, I'm sure, made the ladies think about it even more. Now they say, "That's weird. God Weird." I find this is hilarious and, actually, wonderful. Odd and coincidental things don't just randomly happen in this world for no reason, God planned it out perfectly.

So, my mom remembered that she had some BookMarkers left and handed them out and even those ones were perfect for the remaining ladies who hadn't received one the time before! One lady, who hadn't got a BookMarker yet, was left and my mom remembered that she had chosen a leftover BookMarker previously and gave it to the woman and she broke down in tears. It's amazing how a simple thing can move someone so much. I guess, each and every woman got the one that was meant for her, which is exactly what I was hoping for the entire time I was making them. That doesn't just happen on its own, by the way. It's weird. God weird.

Then my mom read my post, "Priceless," to these ladies and she said that it touched people. Some women were crying and a few told her how much it had touched them. I had no idea what kind of an impact I'd be making to these people who I've never even met. My mom is, I guess, just a way to transfer all of this to them.

Also, I don't think I've wrote about this yet, a woman from the previous time, the first time, my mother handed out the BookMarkers told my mom that she was going to draw me a picture. When I saw it, I was touched. My simple act helped someone, and, in turn, they decided to do something for me. Well, I love the drawing. I hung it up in my room and look at it everyday, and I think about what's happened through me that's helped these women. I can't help but smile when I see it. I'll cherish that drawing and I'll never forget the story behind it. It's special to me.

I'm sure you can think of a time where an incredible coincidence occurred and the only way to explain it was that it was weird. Well, here's an update for you: It's not just weird, it's God weird.

~The Inspired One

Comments

Popular Posts