Perfect Promises

Throughout the Bible are many of God's promises to us, but what about the promises that He whispers to us? Last year, I was in my bedroom and God promised me two things that I will forever hold in my heart. He promised me a husband and that I'd be a mother. Now these two things may seem so simple and basic to you, that you may think that it's nothing special. Those two things are all that I want, and to have God, the Creator of life, promise me those two very precious things, is just breathtaking. When I heard Him say, "I promise you'll have a husband, and that you'll be a mother." I broke down in tears. To be told something so incredible is just so overwhelming and powerful. I dropped on to me knees and cried. He knew that I needed to hear those promises. Everyone has their own doubts in life, and my worries for those two things are long gone now. Yes, once in a while I'll get those evil whispers in my mind telling me that I'm not good enough to be a wife, but I just have to remember what God promised me and I feel so much better. Most people probably won't ever hear that promise from God, but you don't need a promise to be able to let go of your worries. Maybe you are having trouble with something and God is just sitting back and getting ready to blow your mind.  Maybe you'll never hear a promise from Him, but that doesn't mean that great and amazing things aren't going to happen. It just means that it's more of a surprise for you. I don't know who my future husband is, I don't know when we're going to get married or when we'll meet. So my life is just as much of an adventure as yours is.

Now, I don't know if God has ever personally promised you anything, yes there are a lot of promises in the Bible, but even if He doesn't, don't lose hope. I'm so hopeful and excited for my future, that I can just tell that God is going to do something amazing. Like I have said many times in my posts, if you trust God, then everything will work out. In the end, a promise from God will never be broken, but there are things happening behind the scenes that you have no clue about. For example, since I love theater, when I am in a play, it isn't just the actors that are working hard, it's the stage managers, the director, the tech people, other actors backstage, the musicians (if there are any), and so much work that has happened in preparation of the show, like the design team, the costume team, writers, the music director, even marketing, sometimes, depending on what company is putting it on, donations to support the show will be given, and so much more happens, and all the audience sees is the actors in stage and they get the applause. My point is that even though you may not hear a promise from God, wonderful things can still happen.

I know that my promises won't come true for a little while, but when doubt crosses my mind, I hang onto the promises that He gave me. I thank God for that promise and will forever be so grateful to Him. He was so thoughtful that He made the decision to give me that promise, He is such an amazing God, so loving, and caring. He is perfect.

Today I am not going to make this post very long, just because I believe that I have already made my point. Sometimes less is more. A writer once wrote a heart touching story, and it was only six words! "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." And another, "Sometimes pretty birds cannot sing well." These are both just examples of simply beautiful six word stories. So sometimes little said can make an impact. So I am going to end my post with this: God's promises are perfect, whether He tells you about them or not.

Thank you so much for reading, I'm not writing this to make it sound like I'm this great writer with wonderful inspiration that seems to be pulled out of thin air. I am writing whatever God wants to put on my heart, and I hope you do whatever He puts on your heart too. I also hope that God touches you not only through what I write, but through your own experiences. He has plans and promises for you, maybe He's given you a sneak peek into the future like He has for me, or maybe He has promises for you that He's just not telling you. God Bless You.

~The Inspired One

Comments

Popular Posts