Untitled Story On My Heart

I am currently writing a Christian general-fiction book. My story follows a NASCAR driver,
Brent Winters and Lydia Lambert who works at a bookshop/coffee cafe, she sells books. I think that the story teaches great ways of finding God and staying strong with Him. I was inspired to write a Christian novel after reading Sunrise (from her Baxter family series) by a wonderful Christian writer, Karen Kingsbury. I am currently trying to finish chapter 4. You may think that chapter 4 isn't a long ways. It is (currently) 65 pages and just over 28,000 words. 

Lydia Lambert, a sophomore in college, was driving home one day and a little boy, Caleb Evans, runs out in front of her and she just misses him, swerved to the side and crashes. Once she wakes up she is determined to find him. Her best friend, Wendy, is always there to help her out. The two search for the young boy. When she does find him, she learns that he is going through his parents' divorce. Meanwhile, she visits a new place called The NASCAR Experience, where you get to ride in a race at with a professional driver, no one famous though, and they'll take you around the track and at some point, inside they'll give you a little history about NASCAR and you'll see trophies and much memorabilia. Anyways, Lydia and her driver Mark Williams almost instantly have a connection. At the same time, Brent Winters and his family friend, Molly Johnson, realize their spark that's been building up for years. Caleb on the other hand, is in need of a friend and is happy that Lydia is always  there for him. 

I don't have the whole story outlined, but everyone's storylines and backstories in my book are different ones that different people can relate to. I hope to get it published one day. And just maybe you'll pick it up to read it someday. God has put this story on my heart to share, and I'm putting in fun little details of my life into the book. It's kind of odd to be writing a book about a NASCAR racer, when I barely know anything about the sport, let alone watch it. But the story isn't about NASCAR or racing, it's about the characters and the story, and most importantly, about God. 

Maybe I'll write a sequel to this one someday. Wouldn't that be great? God knows the plan for my life, and I just need to follow Him. I hope that you have a wonderful day and cherish the little moments. You deserve everything that God has blessed you with and you deserve everything that He is going to bless you with. 

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. I hope that God blesses you and touches your heart, not only through what I write, but through your own experiences. Treasure every moment, because at one point you're going to wish that you could relive them and have them all back. Life may seem like forever (with God it literally is), but the end will come so much sooner than you think. Your plan that God has for you was chosen for a reason and I hope you know that He loves you in the most amazing and beautiful way possible. If you try to imagine how much God loves you, every single time it's even more than that. God Bless You. 

~The Inspired One

Comments

Popular Posts